Lamp Goods Recycles, Heres Why
Only around 35% of households, and not even 10% of businesses recycle. We are proud to say we are 1 of the 10%!Recycling saves energy and reduces pollution.
- A single recycled plastic bottle saves enough energy to run a 100-watt bulb for 4 hours. It also creates 20% less air pollution and 50% less water pollution than would be created when making a new bottle.
- Recycled paper produces 73% less air pollution than if it was made from raw materials.
The United States throws away $11.4 billion worth of recyclable containers and packaging every year!
When packing each order with the utmost care, we do our best to use all eco friendly materials and reuse as much as possible.
While still ensuring a nice presentation is presented to our customers each time a package of ours is opened, we try to reduce the use of plastic materials. The majority of our packing material is paper and recycled paper.
Lamp Goods is passionate about recycling and we make it a priority to recycle all the applicable items we can.
Our business recycles more than we actually throw away!
Interested in making your planet a better place? Here are some tips to get you started!
- Start small and don't get overwhelmed before you even get started!
- Do your research and find out what recycling opportunities you have in your area.
- Designate bins in your home or workplace to put recyclable items rather than just tossing.
- Pay attention to labels. If you’re done using a bottle, can, paper product, etc., check to see if it has a recycling symbol on it. This will indicate that you should avoid throwing it in the garbage.